- On Saturday we decided to have 100 gospel conversations with people. So we went all day and skipped dinner (nobody signed up that day) and we got to 100 at 8:50pm and then we went to taco bell and ate naked chicken chalupas AND a member came in and paid for us. It was a good day. We had lots of good conversations and got many potential investigators and people who said we can come by again.
- Carolyn backed out again and said she wasn't ready. Oh well, we'll keep working with her.
- We had a Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) and we got a preview of five missionaries from our mission touring the mission putting on a musical performance called "Meet the Elders". It's pretty funny and really awesome. It's like a pre-show for the Book of Mormon musical that is coming to Denver this month.
Your favorite missionary,
Answers to some questions I asked Elder Wheelwright:
We are out in the country a lot, And that truck is our mission vehicle, and it's pretty nice. We're in a trio for the whole transfer, and the zone leader thing is whatever. It's not much different from what I was doing to before.
- So my fate ended up being Brighton Stake. I'm serving in the Ft. Lupton ward and Northridge YSA branch. Ft. Lupton covers a handful of tiny towns spread out in the country, and the ysa covers 2 stakes.
- My companions are Elder Draper (Riverside CA) and Elder Charpentier (Austin TX). A trio. It's been pretty fun.
- We should be having someone baptized this saturday if all goes well. Carolyn is facing a lot of opposition so pray for her.
Hope y'all had a good mother's day, especially all you women out there.
Some highlights of the week:
- We had mother's Day and got to talk to family ☺
- We had interviews with President Savage, which are always good.
- We met with Elizabeth, Junior, Kelvin and Gloria. They are all doing good and we taught them about prophets and Jesus Christ and the great apostasy. The kids are really starting to enjoy church and mutual now. We're working on getting the parents more on board.
- We met with most our other investigators as well. We dropped a couple of them. But the rest are doing really well.
- Five of our investigators came to church yesterday. The kids Junior, Kelvin and Gloria seem to be enjoying church as they get to know more people. Tori and Rony are still going strong and love the Book of Mormon we gave them.