At some point, as a disciple of Christ, you will be called upon to articulate what you know and believe. How will you react when a situation presents itself to speak up for Jesus Christ and His Church? Joy D. Jones gives some insights.
- On Saturday we decided to have 100 gospel conversations with people. So we went all day and skipped dinner (nobody signed up that day) and we got to 100 at 8:50pm and then we went to taco bell and ate naked chicken chalupas AND a member came in and paid for us. It was a good day. We had lots of good conversations and got many potential investigators and people who said we can come by again.
- Carolyn backed out again and said she wasn't ready. Oh well, we'll keep working with her.
- We had a Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) and we got a preview of five missionaries from our mission touring the mission putting on a musical performance called "Meet the Elders". It's pretty funny and really awesome. It's like a pre-show for the Book of Mormon musical that is coming to Denver this month.
Your favorite missionary,
Answers to some questions I asked Elder Wheelwright:
We are out in the country a lot, And that truck is our mission vehicle, and it's pretty nice. We're in a trio for the whole transfer, and the zone leader thing is whatever. It's not much different from what I was doing to before.
- So my fate ended up being Brighton Stake. I'm serving in the Ft. Lupton ward and Northridge YSA branch. Ft. Lupton covers a handful of tiny towns spread out in the country, and the ysa covers 2 stakes.
- My companions are Elder Draper (Riverside CA) and Elder Charpentier (Austin TX). A trio. It's been pretty fun.
- We should be having someone baptized this saturday if all goes well. Carolyn is facing a lot of opposition so pray for her.