Monday, August 22, 2016

Hallo....

This week is transfers. I am staying in the Broomfield area for another six weeks. My companion, Elder Christensen is leaving however. My new companion's name is Elder Hardman. I haven't met him yet. That will happen on Wednesday. 

Me and my companion this week started to ban words from our language to clean up our language. We made a list of about 12-14 words and every time we said one we had to do 10 push ups. Well, that first day we both ended up doing over 500 push ups. That was fun. 

I may have told you about this before, but a couple weeks ago met with a guy named Mike Martin. He is not a member but his wife and children are. We met with him again yesterday. This guy is the physical form of Peter Griffin, from Family Guy. Not that I ever really watched that. But he looks sounds and acts like him pretty much. Last time we saw him he jokingly asked for a comic version of the Book of Mormon. We got him the picture children's Book of Mormon and brought it to him yesterday. He was very excited. 

Anyways, I'm sorry if I never said, but I'm in a car area. Though me and Elder Christensen were asking around if anyone had a tandem bike we could use. Sadly we never accomplished that goal. But I will make it happen at least once during my mission.

We have been meeting with a guy a named Joel. He was a former investigator from about 3-4 years ago. He is a very intelligent guy (55-65 yrs old) and he has really complicated beliefs. He doesn't believe that anything in the bible or book of Mormon ever happened. He doesn't believe in Jesus. He believes in God but that we can't comprehend God and so much more complex things. But we put him on a Baptismal even though he is pretty much super far away from that point. We are meeting with him tonight, so we will see how that goes. 

Nothing much else has gone on this week.   It gets pretty hot here. Up to around 95s-ish. a couple days ago there was a day when the high was like 75. That was pretty nice. There was a really big rain and thunder storm last week. It was pretty cool. I got a video of some lightning. 

Ah. A couple of days ago I hurt my knee doing I don't know what. But if it was any worse, I wouldn't have been able to walk. But thankfully its gotten better since then. I still can't fully bend it, but its probably fine. 

My mission President, President Mendenhall is from Idaho (either twin falls, or the byu town).

Have a nice week ladies and gents. Thanks for the emails.

Elder Wheelwright


No comments:

Post a Comment