Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 3-ish

Hello again.
Thank you guys for the package. I will enjoy those goodies. That turtle is pretty cool looking and I didn't break amidst the journey. That's good. You went above and beyond with the rope. I haven't used it yet, but it looks hardcore. I don;t know what the package looked like when you shipped it, but when I got it, it was not a box anymore. The jerky bags super expanded and made the box not a box. 

I'll be back on the computer within the next 2 hours for another hour.

I'm back. I just got a haircut. Its super short and styled weird. 
Anyways, today was a zone p-day, so we all went on a hike. I'll put some pictures on the google drive. 
This past week has not been very good. Pretty much all of our investigators canceled appointments and ignored us or wouldn't/couldn't meet with us. And nobody ever comes to church except maybe one or two less actives we see. Though one of our investigators that fell off the world this whole week, came to sacrament meeting. That was kind of nice. Based on my companion, this is a hard area and he can get a little frustrated or impatient. I find that kind of amusing when he does. I'm just going to tell myself that I'm making a difference, because I probably am (I hope). Its really hard to see that a difference is being made when you're actually trying to make a difference and when you can't really see your work bearing fruit. I can only imagine how joyous it will be, to actually be able to teach someone who earnestly wants to learn. Enough of me complaining. We have some appointments with our investigators this week, so I hope it will work out this week. 
Every week, Wednesday morning, we go and help out a local food bank for an hour. It's called FISH. They get a shipment of all kinds of food in a giant truck and we just help unload it and put it away. That's pretty enjoyable. 

That's pretty much all I have to talk about this week. 

Later,
Elder Wheelwright

How often do you get to out at members homes?
If the dinner calendar is full, we eat dinner at a member's home every night.


By the way I just remembered that a member (Brother Allred) that fed us, his sister is married to a Lin Wheelwright (not correct first name spelling) I thought it was him, but I looked at a picture and I don't think it was. I think he lives in Santa Rosa. Weird coincidence or something.






My new haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment