Monday, December 5, 2016

Space Cauliflower

Hello all.

This week has been pretty good. My new companion is Elder Hendrick.He has been out for 15 months. He is an Army brat and has lived a bunch of different places. He left from upstate New York and will be going home to Hawaii. He is an fun fellow. He likes to have fun and we get along pretty great. 

We were able to meet with some of our investigators this week. We met with Anthony and taught him the plan of salvation, but I still don't know how much he really is getting out of it. Its very hard to squeeze even a few words out of him. Both he and his dad are practicing Catholics, but he and his dad haven't shown any resistance to us coming over. 
Tony is a tough nut to crack though. I don't know what to do with him. He is awesome but it's hard to commit him to anything, especially to come to church. But we will keep working with him. He would be a great member of the church.
Sharon is also hard to get to church. She always says that she will come to Gospel Principles, but something always comes up at the last minute and she doesn't come. Bummer. But we will keep trying. 

I've been really sick ever since Friday. and it was pretty bad last night. Didn't get much sleep. Both me and Elder Hendrick are sick.  But I push through it, especially for the ward Christmas party on Saturday.   It was very good. The food was catered by Kneaders and it was delicious french toast. I ate so much. And then we waited in line to sit on Santa's lap. It was pretty awesome. I will get the pictures of that eventually. I won the gingerbread house contest as well. I won "Best Cauliflower". Elder Hendrick suggested that I make the Space Needle, but it turned out to be a cauliflower. I want to get the picture for that as well. 

Later,
Elder Wheelwright (Cauliflower Master)

No comments:

Post a Comment