Monday, September 19, 2016

Broomfield Days

It has been a crazy busy week, but not in really in a missionary way. On Tuesday we moved into another member's home, The Macabe family. Super nice couple. She is actually the daughter of the member we were living with before. The house is really nice as well. 
Wednesday we had Zone meeting that went over-time and took much of the day (and the ZLs forgot about us and left us at the stake center with no car. They came back and got us later). Friday and Saturday was crazy busy because of this fair or festival called Broomfield days. We did lots of service for it. We helped a lot with the Classic Car Show, with making the lines for the parking slots and then directing and helping people park. Friday was all the prep work, then Saturday was the actual event. It was pretty fun and interesting. There were about 250 cars there. Immediately after we were done helping with that, we went and manned a recycling station for 2 hours. It was at that point the APs tried to fool/surprise us by finally getting us a vehicle. We finally got our mom van. I'm the designated driver for it. Its so nice having a car.
 Also I ate stuffed moose heart for dinner the other night. It was edible. Weird texture.
Armando is still going strong. We are now teaching him the recent convert lessons and he is still awesome. He will be moving soon though. He will be moving to a place not to far away, and still in the mission, so I could still see him again. Plus when he gets sealed in the temple next year, I will be able to attend that.
Nothing really much else going on. We've been trying to get a hold of some people, but no luck. 
Oh, and I crashed in my bike. I was carrying my suit and shoes over my shoulder with only my left hand on the handlebar. My companion stopped at a crosswalk and because the left side of the handlebars have the front brakes, things didn't go to well and I ran into him. I landed perfectly and nothing really happened except to my hand. My index and middle finger got beat up on the second knuckle, and my index finger was a bit swollen. Everything is fine, but it hurts and it will take a while to heal because it is right on my knuckles. 

That's about it for this week. 

Farewell,
Elder Wheelwright








No comments:

Post a Comment