Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Hello

Hello all,

As you guys have guessed, Monday was Labor Day and the Libraries are closed, so I get to email today. 

I'm really excited for Armando. We actually moved his baptism up to September 10th. Fun stuff. We celebrated his birthday before our lesson with him last Friday. We went all the way across town and bought him a big Gummy Bears and balloons. We are still on bike by the way. I had the half dozen balloons tied to by bag as we rode across town. There is a picture. Armando's wife made a cake and Brazilian hot dogs. Those were the best hot dogs I've ever had. We then had a lesson, and after that he passed his baptismal interview. Exciting stuff. 
So we are still on bike. The car that was in the shop is expected to be there for another 2 weeks. I'm still borrowing Elder Wohlrab's bike (he had to walk a whole day last week). I'm fixing up his bike secretly in thanks. 
The work here is real slow, but in the past couple days we have been working on our vision of what we can accomplish. We are going to be working with the members a lot from now on. Let me tell you right now. Member missionary work is by far best missionary work that can take place. How missionary work is supposed to be is the members find people, and full-time missionaries teach them. This is said in Preach my Gospel. So I would encourage you guys to keep that in mind, to keep the establishing the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth in the most effective way possible. If you are already trying, try harder. And to those who are not, I call you to repentance. jk.... but seriously, be a missionary. 1. It is your duty as a member of the church. 2. It brings great blessings.

Nothing else too exciting has happened this week. Thanks for the prayers and the emails.

Love Y'all,
Elder Wheelwright



No comments:

Post a Comment