Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Things

It has been a fairly busy week. Thursday, I had Zone Conference. It went from 9am-4pm. It was pretty long. They give out awards for the cleanest cars, and all the bikers get awards. So I got a candy bar and a water bottle. It's funny because I was actually at the bike store when the Senior missionary couple came and bought the water bottles. (I had popped Elder Hardman's front tire).
And on Saturday Armando's baptism happened. It was my first convert baptism. Since they are moving, we were able to get some representatives from the ward he is moving into there. Those missionaries also were able to come.
On Sunday there was a Special Stake Conference. Only the stake that I am serving in got to come. We were able to hear from Elder D. Todd Christofferson. The whole front row was reserved for us missionaries. It was very close. I sat nearly directly in front of him, 2-3 arm lengths away. What I got from it, is that the simple things matter greatly. He talked a bit specifically about keeping the Sabbath day holy. If you were to keep this commandment perfectly, how much stronger in the gospel you would be. If all members of the church kept this commandment perfectly, how much greater would the Kingdom of God on the Earth be? It's a wonderful thought that can be applied to all the commandments and teachings of God. It's how you build your river of faith. With raindrops and snowflakes.

We were also able to set up an appointment with an investigator that dropped us last transfer. He was able to make it up to the temple open house before it closed. I'm excited to talk with him about it. That's about it for this week. 

From,
Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment