Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Columbus Day


Hola mi familia. Soy un misionero de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días.


Transfers happened. But jk, it wasn't that intense. It's just me training in a new area. Me and my companion Elder Hills are in the Southlands Ward in the Arapahoe stake. Lots of changes. Everything is so different than from my last few transfers. I have never swept into an area. It was "white washed" as an older generation would call it (sorry guys). It is indeed a biking area. We are currently borrowing the Assistants' bikes. I do believe that I should buy a bike this transfer. Not only am I in a bike area, but Elder Hills is a bike expert. He built bikes back home and he did downhill mountain bike racing. He is from New Hampshire. Last Wednesday I went and picked him up on his first day here in the mission field. That was the longest transfer day ever. We got to our apartment in Southlands at like 8:30pm. The Ward Mission Leader fed us dinner then. He and his whole family are some of the best people on the planet. 

We do live in an apartment. It is so different than living with a member, as I have been my whole mission. I miss having members. Especially the ones I was living with previously, the Macabes. There is also like nothing in the apartment. I mean, it's furnished pretty well, but the kitchen is where I find it lacks. And it sucks. It sucks to have an empty kitchen. The previous elders (Elder Christensen and Elder Holtry) left no food. Nothing but half a loaf of bread, a tub of butter some old grapes, and a bag of whole garlic. (Elder Christensen loves garlic, and I will gladly make use of it) We made an emergency run to Walmart across the street. (across the street is a huge shopping center, "Southlands Mall"). Even then, we still just lived off of PB&J and cereal for four days. #MissionaryLife. We bought $120 of food stuffs yesterday, so we should be good.

The work has been pretty dead in this area for the time we have been here. But this week is looking up. I think we have like four appointments scheduled for this week (two of them tonight). It is weird leading an area and training a new missionary. Though Elder Hills is pretty awesome. He is better than me some areas. He will be an outstanding missionary soon enough. Hopefully I can contribute in that regard.

Shout out to a certain newly engaged couple. Congratulations.
Y'all have a great week. 

Buenas Noches,
Elder Wheelwright

Bro and Sister Macabe



Southlands is in the southern part of Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment