Monday, October 31, 2016

I'm still alive and mostly well

Hello,

So this week I had a huge wipe out on my bike. Turns out trying to race on a road bike with skinny tires on a gravel trail is not the best idea. the tires slid out and I skidded on the gravel for at least 15 ft. No permanent injuries. I just wrecked my shirt and pants. I'll try and get my slacks repaired, but we'll see what happens. The white shirt is still usable. 

I think I forgot to mention that one of the sisters that came out with Elder Hills is in my zone and she is from Washington. I think she said she was in the Hylabos ward. She is Sister Mietus. We knew some of the same people. 
Also my previous companion's family (Elder Hardman) lives in Warden Washington, not too far from where Alisha and Braeden just moved to.

The other day I saw a pretty sweet meteor. Elder Hills was in the public restroom and missed it, but it was sweet. It was super close and it almost touched the ground, but it burned up in a nice array of colors.

That guy Michael didn't come to church, but we were able to catch him home again, and we set up a return appointment. We are going to meet with him again this week. We also found a new investigator when we were tracting last Wednesday. His name is Tony. He is a super nice guy and he loves to talk. He is just meeting with us because he is nice, but we will show him the right way. He is the most humble person I have ever met. 
We were finally able to have a meeting with one of our investigators, Lars. He is like 16-17 years old. He has lots of drug problems and he has gotten into the wrong crowd, but he wants to change. He said he is neutral as far as religion goes, but we will see. 

Happy Halloween! We have to be in our apartment by 7:00pm tonight so we don't meet any of the crazies. 

Boo,
Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment